April 29, 2019
Guest Interview with Artist Karin Merx - Episode 16
It's now live! My guest interview this week is with Artist Karin Merx from London, England
Prepare yourself for a powerful and inspiring artist interview that proves that no matter the challenges we must do whatever we need to do to find our creative purpose and answer the call.
I was thrilled to interview Artist Karin Merx who shares her journey from classical musician to visual artist - telling your story through a portrait - and creative entrepreneur.
Kick back, grab a coffee (and a notebook - you'll need it to jot down some great points) dive into this very illuminating interview…
- What does it mean to make art with meaning and how does Karin do this?
- Why is it so critical for artists to be true to themselves, whatever the cost?
- What's the consequence of allowing others and their opinions to define who you are and what you should and shouldn't do?
Answering the call of being a visual artist meant pushing back against patriarchal pressure and criticism. Telling a story through a portrait and changing lives has been part of the journey and Karin graciously shares it in this interview.
Listen to the latest episode and learn…
- How Karin Merx took back her power as an artist and why she speaks her mission…
- How Karin uses her art to powerfully support others fighting the fight against racial, sexual and social injustice and the blight of invisibility...
- The origins of "Your Story Told" and changing lives…
- How Karin is building her creative enterprise
Thank you Karin for sharing your story!
You can find out more about Karin at her website http://karinmerx.co.uk
Or her Instagram: Instagram.com/caliz_studios
Thanks for listening to this episode of Nicky Jameson Art Talks. If you enjoyed it follow my podcast so you never miss an episode, and please feel free to share this episode.
Until next time, let's talk!
April 15, 2019
Guest Interview with Artist Trish Hoskin - Episode 15
It's here! My interview this week is with Digital Artist Trish Hoskin, all the way from Southern Australia.
Time to go down under! I was thrilled to chat with Trish, one of my favourite artists who's from Adelaide, Australia! You will enjoy getting to know her through our fun interview. How cool was it to chat across time zones and share stories about creativity and art? It was super cool.
You may know Trish Hoskin already from her super stunning artwork, ranging from floral and architectural to intricate fantasy and abstract (which she makes look so effortless), beckoning you to join her on an exciting adventure. I've long been an admirer of her work which I see often in our digital art groups and on Instagram. Trish's story is fascinating. A world traveler with a special love for London UK (my beautiful home town no less) you could describe Trish's artistic life as a wonderful adventure in art proving that art can take you places.
From a pilgrimage to London UK to commemorate the anniversary of the death of the late Lady Diana, Princess of Wales to rubbing shoulders with celebrity, appearing on T.V., publishing a book about her travels and her art and contributing to two digital artistic teams… with all this Trish is a prolific artist who creates her art and nurtures her artistic vision and expression. And did I mention she does all this in addition to a day job? How does she do it?
Tune into the show and you'll learn:
- How Trish, as a photographer, transformed herself into a digital artist…
- How she stays true to her creative and artistic vision…
- How she meets the challenges of self-doubt and resists the temptation to compare…
- How Trish stays motivated...
- Her tips for other creatives and would-be digital artists dreaming of tapping into their creativity...
It was another fun chat and such a pleasure to get to know this amazing artist.
Kick back, listen, be inspired.
Find out more about Trish and see her stunning work on her website https://www.trishhphotography.com/
Thanks for listening to this episode of Nicky Jameson Art Talks. If you enjoyed it follow my podcast so you never miss an episode, and feel free to share this episode.
Until next time, let's talk!
April 1, 2019
Guest Interview with Artist Cathrine Blan
It's here! My Interview with Artist Cathrine Blan - Episode 14
"Art is my life and my life is art..." Cathrine Blan.
My guest this week is Artist and fellow Brit Cathrine Blan and I think you will find this interview as fascinating as her art. I certainly did. Cathrine and I have been in the same digital artist group on Facebook for a few years now and not only does she produce amazing art she produces a LOT of it AND she always seems to have a moment to encourage other artists in the group and comment on their work, especially new and shyer artists. And not only does she produce an astounding amount of stunning art every week - she does it in addition to running not one but two businesses.
She shares her secret!
Indeed, art is her life and she weaves it all together beautifully, as you will discover in this episode.
Kick back, tune in and you will learn:
- How and why art plays such an integral part in Cathrine's life…
- The key elements that make up her art…and her top tools for creating...
- How Cathrine remains inspired and constantly creating
- All about Daydream Designs
- Her top two challenges...are mine too!
- Cathrine's social media tips for artists
- Her thoughts on tuition, mastery and being a life-long learner as an artist...
- Her key tip for artists…
- And much more
We had a blast, the time flew by… and I was so inspired by this phenomenal artist.
Check out Cathrine Blan at her various sites. Facebook https://www.facebook.com/cathrine.blan
Behance https://www.behance.net/dollycathy Her website: https://artboja.com/art/316xid/
And her Instagram: @Cathrine_blan_ and @daydreamdesigns2018
Thanks for listening to this episode. If you enjoyed this episode please subscribe, give us a thumbs on on iTunes and share this podcast on social media and with anyone who might enjoy it.
Until next time, let's talk.