March 25, 2019
It's here! My interview with Artist Marilyn Rose is now live!
Kick back and listen in to this very informative and fun interview with this wise and talented artist who helps artists shine their light.
- Listen to Marilyn talk about how she discovered her creative purpose and her mission, and how she deals with some big challenges - including one that will sound familiar to many artists -
- Learn how she overcomes these challenges and turns them into ways of powerfully impacting people through her art
- Learn about the unique way Marylin creates her art and connects with her audience
- Find out what books and courses helped her along the way and how they can help anyone seeking to find their purpose, remove blocks and move forward… and not just artists
- learn about Marilyn's tips for artists wanting to embark on their creative endeavours. And why is it so important for us to be in service to others
This was such a fun and informative interview and it was a joy to learn more about Marilyn Rose (whom I've admired for some time) her paintings and her view on life. You will come back and listen again and again, there is so much fabulous wisdom in this interview.
If you haven't had a chance to see Marilyn's expressive paintings, you can see them and find out more about her by going to her website - Marilyn Rose Fine Art:
Thanks for listening to this episode. If you enjoyed this episode please give us a thumbs on on iTunes and do share this podcast on social media and with anyone who might enjoy it.
Nicky Jameson, Artist
March 10, 2019
How I Created Harbourside Skyline - Ep-12
In this episode I talk about how I created one of my latest layered compositions called "Harbourside Skyline" (and why) including some tips of where to get some spectacular shots of Toronto's skyline. Enjoy and don't forget you can check out my podcast on Apple itunes and Spotify as well as in your fave podcasting app.
March 3, 2019
Episode #11 - Let's Talk about the R Word
The R word. Rejection. Nobody likes to talk about it or admit quite how much it happens to us as artists and creatives. We always love to talk about the successes - and with good reason. Success feels good...is good. Getting rejected - not so much. It feels horrible every single time. In fact even the thought of experiencing it can scare us such that we allow it to stop us in our tracks and fear of being rejected can stop us ever creating again. Or we continue to create, it can stop us showing our work. So how can we overcome this as artists? For like death and taxes, if you're an artist you're going to come face to face with rejection and not once but many times. So what to do?
I've had a few thoughts about this topic bouncing around in my head for a while and I finally got them down on paper to make sense of them and wanted to share my perspective in this latest episode. The fear of rejection lurks even there, but only for a while.
I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences around rejection and how you dealt with it (in particular as a creative) and especially tips to help us all cease to fear rejection and see it for what it really is.
You can listen to this episode and previous episodes in itunes and if you do please leave a review, it means more people can find my podcast.
Hope you find something to think abut and as always, thanks for listening.